May Day 2015Posted: May 1, 2015 Filed under: IMAGES Comments Off on May Day 2015
Every year on May 1st grassroots organizations in Toronto rally and march to mark International Worker’s Day, for migrant and workers’ rights, and in support of Indigenous peoples’ struggles. Themed around the most pressing issues of the day and committed to ending oppression and exploitation, May Day unites us in our efforts toward self-determination and liberation. We continue this tradition in 2015, rallying and marching against colonial and capitalist attacks on our communities here, and against Canadian imperialism’s plunder and attacks upon peoples across the world.
This May Day, 2015, we are focusing on:
1. Indigenous sovereignty and self-determination
2. Migrant workers’ resistance to border imperialism
3. Solidarity with working class struggle globally
4. Anti-poverty and anti-austerity organizing
5. Student strikes and academic labour battles against neoliberalization
6. Environmental Justice
7. Militant rank and file labour movements
8. Gender Justice
. . .
. . .
. . .
. . . . .